Recognizing Learning Opportunities in Everyday Activities
Being able to recognize teachable moments in daily activities helps parents to design an environment that optimizes a child’s learning opportunities. In this presentation, examples will be provided of naturalistic teaching methods that can boost a child’s learning throughout the day.
This Seminar Will Cover Naturalistic Teaching Strategies:
– Pivotal Response Training
– Incidental Teaching
– Implementation of naturalistic teaching strategies in everyday routines
Jhene Amasa, M.A., BCBA, Gateway Learning Group
Help! My Child is Engaging in Problem Behaviors at School! *in Spanish*
Lorena Vera, BCaBA from Gateway Learning Group and Linda Thrift, from WarmLine are coming together to present on:
- What is a Functional Behavior Assessment?
- When, how, and why request an FBA?
- Who should request it?
- What is a Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)?
To register for this event, please click here or call 916-922-1490.
Each family will receive a gas card and a WarmLine bag.
This event will be presented in Spanish only.
Closing the Gap: Helping Toddlers with Delays to Connect and Communicate
Each year, 1 in 4 children under the age of five are identified as “at risk” for developmental delays. Oftentimes the most powerful agent for change is not the hours spent in a therapist’s office, but the interactions between parent and child. Join Gateway to learn simple, easy to use interventions that will allow you to help your child thrive. In addition, Dr. Brandy Macy will be discussing specifics regarding assessments and evaluations from the process overview, funding options to differences between various assessors and much more!
The seminar will cover:
– Easy to use interventions to implement with your child to increase communication and engagement
– Information on the Assessment and Evaluation Process
– Funding source options for evaluations and therapy
Kelly Majestic, MA, BCBA, Gateway Learning Group
Dr. Brandy Macy, Psy.D.